Reisebedingungen | Datenblatt
General conditions of sale of tourist packages
Standard information form for tourist package contracts The combination of tourist services that is proposed is a package within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302, implemented in Italy with Legislative Decree 21.5.2018, n. 62, which amended Articles. 32-50 of Legislative Decree 79/2011 (Tourism Code). Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights that apply to packages.
1. Travellers receive all the essential information about the package before the conclusion of the package travel contract as indicated in the following points, as well as in the Elephant Travel catalogues more widely and exhaustively, and in the general terms and conditions published on the catalogues and on the website;
2. There is always at least one professional responsible for the proper performance of the tourist services included in the contract;
3. Travellers shall be provided with an emergency telephone number or contact details in their travel documents to reach the organiser or travel agent;
4. Travelers can transfer the package to another person, upon notice of at least 7 days before departure and at additional cost;
5. The price of the package can be increased only if specific costs increase (for example, fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract and, in any case, no later than 20 days from the beginning of the package. If the price increase is more than 8% of the package price, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to increase the price, the traveller is entitled to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
6. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying termination fees and obtain full reimbursement of payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, has changed substantially. If, before the start of the package, the professional responsible for the package cancels the same, travelers are entitled to obtain a refund and, if appropriate, compensation.
7. Travellers may, in exceptional circumstances, terminate the contract without paying termination fees before the start of the package, for example if there are serious safety problems at the destination that may affect the package. In addition, travelers can at any time, before the start of the package, withdraw from the contract against payment of the following penalties:
- 30% of the total cost of the trip, if the cancellation is communicated from the date of confirmation up to 31 calendar days before the scheduled date of departure;
- 50% of the total cost of the trip, if the cancellation is communicated between 30 and 21 calendar days before the scheduled date of departure;
- 80% of the total cost of the trip, if the cancellation is communicated between 20 and 14 calendar days before the scheduled date of departure;
- 100% of the total cost of the trip, if the cancellation is communicated from 13 calendar days before the scheduled date of departure
No refund will be granted to those who do not show up at departure or give up during the trip, or the use of the service.
8. If, after the start of the package, substantial elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative solutions shall be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee if the services are not performed in accordance with the agreement and this significantly affects the execution of the package and the organiser has not remedied the problem.
9. Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages in the event of failure or non-compliance with the performance of tourist services.
10. The organiser is obliged to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
11. Tuscany Italy Holidays srl has taken out an insurance policy ZurichPro numero 998B0137 con Compagnia assicurativa Zurich Insurance for the civil liability in favour of the traveller and for compensation for damages arising from the breach of the obligations assumed by the contract of sale of the tourist package or the individual tourist service.
12. The traveller is informed that he/she can take out insurance cover that covers the cancellation penalties by the traveller or the costs of assistance and return, in case of accident, illness or death.
13. For more information on the fundamental rights of the traveler purchasing travel packages (as defined by art. 33, paragraph 1, lit. g of the Tourism Code) consult the text pursuant to Directive (EU) 2015/2302, and Legislative Decree 21.5.2018, n. 62 of transposition, published on the website www.fiavet.it (documents section) or on the website www.assoviaggi.it section "documentation/ industry regulations" as well as on the website www.enac.gov.it section "passenger rights".